LILOY, ZDN- DOLE Zamboanga del Norte Field Office (DOLE-ZDNFO) through its DOLE Liloy Satellite Office conducted an orientation on Special Program for Employment of Students (SPES) in Gutalac, Zamboanga del Norte. The orientation took place on July 14, 2023 at the Salvador Covered Court in Brgy. Salvador, Gutalac, Zamboanga del Norte

A total of 45 SPES beneficiaries from the Local Government Unit (LGU) of Gutalac were present during the orientation. The event was aimed to provide the beneficiaries with information and guidance about their roles and responsibilities as SPES grantees.

Ms. Nenita Lomongo, the Public Employment Service Office (PESO) Manager of LGU Gutalac, addressed the SPES beneficiaries and encouraged them to work diligently. She emphasized that they were selected as SPES grantees from a pool of applicants and would be under the supervision of PESO. Their tasks include clean-up activities in the municipality and profiling of individuals in their respective barangays for the PESO Employment Information System (PEIS).

Executive Secretary Lolito Miraveles, who represented the LGU Gutalac Municipal Mayor Hon. Eddie Justin Quimbo, expressed gratitude to DOLE for implementing the SPES Program in their municipality. He recognized the importance of the youth and their role as future leaders, urging them to take care of the environment.

Joni Sarina Mejico, Labor and Employment Officer III from DOLE’s Liloy Satellite Office, conveyed DOLE’s appreciation to the LGU, led by Municipal Mayor Hon. Quimbo, for promptly implementing the SPES Program. Mejico also conducted the SPES Orientation for the beneficiaries.

Hon. Gina Garzon, member of the Sangguniang Bayan (SB) in Gutalac, inspired the SPES grantees to work hard and excel in their studies, as this would pave the way for a better future for themselves, their families, and their municipality.

The SPES Program follows a 60% – 40% sharing scheme, with the LGU covering 60% of the wage and DOLE covering the remaining 40%. The DOLE share will be remitted through a designated remittance center.

The SPES Orientation in Gutalac aimed to equip the beneficiaries with the necessary knowledge and skills to fulfill their roles effectively. Through SPES, the youth of Gutalac will gain valuable work experience and contribute to their personal growth and the development of their community. END/JSRMejico, ZDNFO